Monday, March 29, 2010

Creative Story

While running across the cold, frosty river trying to get home, I couldn’t even think. It was about 2:00 in the morning, and I had just received a call saying that my mom was in the hospital. I was very concerned when the doctor said her heart was failing, and she could possibly die today. My car wasn’t starting up, and I didn’t want to wait for a friend to come and pick me up. Although the hospital was about 2 miles away, I was determined to run to see my mother before her death.
I ran, and ran past McDonalds, Subway, Target, and even my favorite Ice Cream shop. Nothing was getting in my way, only the cold, strong, and very harsh wind flying through my hair. Just then I was stopped by an old man, and a very nosy one at that.

"Are you crazy, its four o’clock in the morning.” He said.

I wasn’t even paying any attention to him, focused on my target the Shadow Hill Hospital to see my mother. After it seemed like I was running for forever I arrived at the hospital. Right in the doorway my dad was standing there to greet me, along with my brother Michael and his wife Caitlyn. They told me that my mom was going to die any minute soon and that I was only allowed to go see her for a few minutes.
So I stepped into the dark, glum, and very boring hospital room and say my mother laying on the bed. She mumbled a few quick words to me and I found them very hard to make out. One thing I did understand was when she said “You only live once.” I kissed her on her forehead, told her I loved her, then walked silently out of the room. Why must she go? The mother I loved so much, the one who raised me, and one of my best friends.
Shortly after I left my mom passed away, and I got right onto organizing the perfect funeral to honor her. Still throughout my life some of my mother’s last words “You only live once” were stuck in my head. I began living every day to the fullest, taking risks, having fun, and just relaxing here and there. Because we do only live once, and when you’re in the hospital bed about to pass away, there should be no regrets about thing you wish you should have done, but joy about what you loved you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment